Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Accounting Technician (FMG/AT1) [Bank Reconciliation]:-
Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Director, Finance and Budget the incumbent will be responsible for the regular reconciliation of all the Municipality Bank Accounts and reports relating to these accounts on a monthly basis. Ensuring that all matters of this area is well in keeping with the standards and regulations outlined in the FAA Act.
Qualifications and Experience:
- AAT Level 1 or ACCA-CAT Level A; or
- Certificate in Public Administration/Management Studies (UWI) or Diploma in Business Administration from a Community College; or
- Certificate in Accounting/Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized University; or
- Government Accounting 1 Modules 1-5; or
- Completion of first year in BSc. in Accounting/Management Studies at a recognized University; or
- Completion of first year ASc. in Accounting at MIND.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the FAA Act and the Local Government (Financing and Financial Management) Act
- Working knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications relating to the maintenance of financial control and accounting records
- Ability to prepare relevant accounting documents
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, office supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of techniques commonly used in locating errors in accounting records.
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
- Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Reconcile all bank accounts of the Municipality.
- Prepare schedule of all bank charges and other fees
- Maintain an investment register
- Update accounting system on a timely basis with non-system generated Transactions:
- Payroll Cheques
- Bank Charges
- Wire Transfer between accounts
- Markets and Car Park Deposits
- Prepare weekly bank balance reports
- Report discrepancies found reconciliation to supervisor in writing.
- Maintain files for all reconciliation done (both manual and system)
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department or supervisor from time to time.
Salary range: $1,550,136 – $2,084,761 per annum
Kindly address applications to:
Chief Executive Officer
Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation
24 Church Street
Closing date: September 5, 2023
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.