Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Building Technician (SOG/ST3).
Summary of Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Chief Engineering Officer, the Building Technician has responsibility for assisting in the development process (commercial and residential) in accordance with the appropriates statues, regulation, by-laws and policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Certificate/Diploma in Building Construction or Architectural Technology
- Must have sound knowledge of the various development application processes
- Experience in interpreting maps, subdivisions, building plans and other spatial plans.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the building construction/architectural field
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of building principles and practices, including pertinent specialties
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to explain rules and procedures clearly to the public
- Problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to assist in solving practical problems
- Ability to review plans and apply provisions of the Acts, Order and policies to determine compliance with same and make recommendations for approval/refusal.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Ability to use interactive computer systems to aid applicants in the submission of applications.
- Possess in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Assisting in assessing development applications (commercial and residential)
- Conducting site visits and consultations in relation to (1) above
- Investigating breaches
- Preparing breach reports and attending at Court regarding said breaches
- Assessing applications for advertisement
- Interfacing with the public in an advisory capacity
- Attending meetings as directed
- Performing any other duty assigned by the Chief Engineering Officer from time to time in the exigencies of the service
Salary range: $1,984,305 – $2,668,670 per annum
Motor Vehicle Mileage: $100 per kilometer
(The holder of this position is required to possess of a valid driver’s licence and a reliable motor vehicle).
Kindly address applications to:
Local Government Services Commission
Ministry of Finance and Planning Complex
30 National Heroes Circle
Closing date: September 29, 2023
Thank you for applying. However, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.