Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Field Inspector (SOG/ST4).
Summary of Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Chief Engineering Officer, the Field Inspector has responsibility for assessing developments within the Municipality in keeping with the appropriates statues, regulation, by-laws and policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Diploma/Degree in Building Construction or Architectural Technology
- Must have sound knowledge of the various development application processes
- Experience in interpreting maps, subdivisions, building plans and other spatial plans.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in carrying out major infrastructure work
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of building principles and practices, including pertinent specialties
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to explain rules and procedures clearly to the public
- Problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to assist in solving practical problems
- Ability to review plans and apply provisions of the Acts, Order and policies to determine compliance with same and make recommendations for approval/refusal.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Ability to use interactive computer systems to aid applicants in the submission of applications.
- Possess in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Assessing development applications (commercial and residential)
- Conducting site visits and consultations in relation to (1) above
- Investigating breaches
- Preparing breach reports and attending at Court regarding said breaches
- Assessing applications for advertisement
- Interfacing with the public in an advisory capacity
- Liaising with external agencies
- Attending meetings as directed
- Collaborating with Ministries and agencies on technical matters.
- Performing any other duty assigned by the Chief Engineering Officer from time to time in the exigencies of the service
Salary range: $2,478,125 – $3,332,803 per annum
Motor Vehicle Mileage: $100 per kilometer
(The holder of this position is required to possess of a valid driver’s licence and a reliable motor vehicle).
Kindly address applications to:
Local Government Services Commission
Ministry of Finance and Planning Complex
30 National Heroes Circle
Closing date: September 29, 2023
Thank you for applying. However, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.